A creative altruist, reflective thinker, traditional culture lover, based in London and China.
Yijun selects appropriate implementation methods according to the design purpose instead of limiting herself to a specific design discipline. Under the education of interdisciplinary design in Goldsmiths College, Yijun has been paying close attention to the role of space in "narrative" in the past four years and constantly expanding her design practice — from filmmaking in cinematic spaces to model making in physical spaces; from design fiction speculation in fictional space to sensations engaged immersive experience designing.
As a lover of Chinese history and traditional culture, she has been experiencing a strong personal identification issue in the changing social environment. With the heated urban construction, many ancient architectural relics in China were repurposed into scenic spots that are highly homogenised where she sees only cultural heritages but no culture in heritage.
To repair the ruins of "spirit", rather than just a physical one, is what she aims to do.
Enrolled Postgraduate — MA Architecture & Historic Urban Environments
x The Bartlett of Architecture, University College London
Social Researcher (Researcher Team Lead) — XIANNING
- Participate in the field research for the revitalisation of ancient village - Liu Jia Qiao;
- Research mapping;
- Proposing a plan of a sustainable development direction with researcher team;
- As Lead of Researcher Team, prepare presentation for the Government.
2017 - 2018
Art Director Assistant — LONDON
- UX/UI Demographic and user research and analysis
- Consultation with clients
- Designing presentation decks for Exhibition
- Assisting Art Director with Exhibition set up and graphics execution